Whatcha reading?

Welcome to our geeky book club!
wolfkin

What's up in the world of books and you?
--
Just another second banana
wolfkin

The Eye of the World - Wheel of Time #1

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

When The Two Rivers is attacked by Trollocs-a savage tribe of half-men, half-beasts- five villagers flee that night into a world they barely imagined, with new dangers waiting in the shadows and in the light.
Welp, I sort of accidentally started reading it just for old times sake and now I'm sucked in. I doubt I'll get through the entire series before the Amazon show but I might finish Eye of the World.
--
wolfkin

The Love Game series

Until I googled for this picture I thought I was done. I've only read three of them and it ended it a very complete ending. Books 1 and 2 ended on such stupid cliffhangers I figured the lack meant it was over. I should have known. There were threads left undone and not everyone got the picture perfect resolution.

I maintain there's a lot to love about the first book. The cover has a sort of chic sexy funness to it without being bodice rippingly too much. The setup was interesting. Girl gets kick out of her sorority house and moves to stay with her brother who has paid someone else to pretend to be him for the semester. So they have to keep up the lie together and heck they aren't even instantly attracted to each other. But Book 1 especially and honestly too much of Book 2 is plagued with a plotline where people begin to suspect. And not like in a sitcom where people suspect and that would be the joke. No, the plotline is that people assume she's incesting her brother. Rather than just reveal he's not her brother they just sloppily, very sloppily, pretend they're not into each other no matter what the video tape says. It's this weird cloud that hangs over every other plot point. It's a shame because I liked the main characters, I liked their romance even when it gets cheesy in the third book in spite of the face that everything is happening so fast it's literally the most action packed school year of which I've ever heard.
--
16BitMiker.exe
Site Admin

wolfkin wrote: ↑Sat May 22, 2021 1:49 pm The Love Game series

Until I googled for this picture I thought I was done. I've only read three of them and it ended it a very complete ending. Books 1 and 2 ended on such stupid cliffhangers I figured the lack meant it was over. I should have known. There were threads left undone and not everyone got the picture perfect resolution.

I maintain there's a lot to love about the first book. The cover has a sort of chic sexy funness to it without being bodice rippingly too much. The setup was interesting. Girl gets kick out of her sorority house and moves to stay with her brother who has paid someone else to pretend to be him for the semester. So they have to keep up the lie together and heck they aren't even instantly attracted to each other. But Book 1 especially and honestly too much of Book 2 is plagued with a plotline where people begin to suspect. And not like in a sitcom where people suspect and that would be the joke. No like plotline is that people assume she's incesting her brother and rather than just reveal he's not her brother they just sloppily very sloppily pretend they're not into each other no matter what the video tape say. It's this weird cloud that hangs over every other plot point. It's a shame because I liked the main characters, I liked their romance even when it gets cheesy in the third book in spite of the face that everything is happening so fast it's literally the most action packed school year of which I've ever heard.
Niceee! Would you be willing to post these on the blog? We need geeky book review!