What's the worst tech giant out there?

All things techy!
Brock

Whether it be Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc. What are some tech giants working out there? What company, would you consider to be the worst of the worst in the tech industry? I would say Google, but I still kind of like what they offer. But I understand why people can't stand them or many of the other companies mentioned.

What do you think?
Matt-mata

I vote Apple.

They perfected the idea of planned obsolescence. Taking older tech, and turning it into cheap products with limited shelf-life. Tends to die right after the next model becomes available, and would cost more to fix then replace. In fact, Apple's frequent use of glue often meant their stuff couldn't be repaired!

In order to compete, other companies had to lower their prices. Which meant lowering quality and ultimately doing the same thing Apple was.

Add to that their contently changing cable heads and Apple has generated an alarming amount of e-trash in it's rise to power.
One paw in front of the other.
Das Geek

Apple is up there for sure. But I think the big one for me, is Google these days. They've done some dumb stuff in the past, introduced us to new stuff and then took it away. I'm still surprised Stadia is still alive, because I could see them getting rid of Stadia soon like they did many other things.

But with Apple, it's their outrageous prices. You can get a windows PC just as powerful as theirs for much cheaper. People just pay because of their logo.

Another company that I can think of, is probably Disney. They have a really bad history, mainly with Walt Disney himself. Wasn't he like racist?
Matt-mata

Das Geek wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:20 pm Another company that I can think of, is probably Disney. They have a really bad history, mainly with Walt Disney himself. Wasn't he like racist?
No more so then anyone else at the time.

Disney also increased the duration of copy-write laws so they could hold on to intellectual property longer. They didn't want their creations going out into the royalty free area for other people to work with. This from a company that built itself off re-interpreting other cultures stories. Which you're allowed to do (so long as you're being respectful) but to then block other people from doing the same to your work is hypocritical at best, tyrannical at worse.

Modern Disney has stopped creating all together and now just takes over franchises and "re-invents" them. It's like the Borg for entertainment. Everything must designed by committee to appeal to everyone and can't offend China.
One paw in front of the other.
Tatar_Khan

Matt-mata wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:16 pm
Das Geek wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:20 pm Another company that I can think of, is probably Disney. They have a really bad history, mainly with Walt Disney himself. Wasn't he like racist?
No more so then anyone else at the time.

Disney also increased the duration of copy-write laws so they could hold on to intellectual property longer. They didn't want their creations going out into the royalty free area for other people to work with. This from a company that built itself off re-interpreting other cultures stories. Which you're allowed to do (so long as you're being respectful) but to then block other people from doing the same to your work is hypocritical at best, tyrannical at worse.

Modern Disney has stopped creating all together and now just takes over franchises and "re-invents" them. It's like the Borg for entertainment. Everything must designed by committee to appeal to everyone and can't offend China.
When it comes to Disney they are the big on copyright strikes. The House of Mouse takes no prisoners. I know from personal experience from streaming Star Wars the Old Republic. Also just start any Kingdom Hearts game, and there is a warning to streams as well.